Thursday, June 24, 2010

10,000+ Readers

Mazel tov, congratulations. Tonight, I hit 10,012 readers to my blog. WOW, B'H, bli ayin hara.
(Thanks Yosh Mantinband for these celebratory fireworks photos.)
I wanted to be at my desk exactly when the 10,000th reader clicked on whatever article caught his fancy. I was going to write something immediately.
"Excuse me, sir, I see that you are my 10,000th reader. Welcome. Who are you? How are you doing? What brings you here? Come again!" But I missed the moment.
Oh well, it's still exciting for me.


HISTORY OF THIS BLOG
Last September, I sort of started to blog (actually my fabulous webmaster Beth Lanin started it for me). My media mentor Avi Abelow told me that if I was going to have video clips on my then-new website, I'd have to have a blog to explain it all. I listened to him, because he's a genius, although it took me more than three months to figure out what a blog was, or why anyone would ever read it. :)
Now exactly nine months have passed. I've blogged about Efrat, Gush Etzion, life in Israel, events of the day, and a little about my life too. Looking back at those hundreds of entries, I realize that they were pretty interesting. I hope you thought so too.


Anyway, what's the point? Well, guess what??? I am so thrilled I wanted to tell you that B"H with your help, I have hit more than 10,000 readers of my blog!!
It started out really slowly, turtle-ish (and some of those early blogs were terrif, even if 30 people read them). Finally, I guess folks got into the habit of reading it. They even passed it along, and now B"H it's soaring.
Of course, all of this and 7 NIS will get you on the bus to Jerusalem. But it's exciting to know that folks are ready my blog from Efrat and Gush Etzion to Canton, Massachusetts; Toronto, Ontario; Tel Aviv-Yafo; Norway, Vestby, Akershus; Birmingham, Alabama; Haifa; Mountain View; California; Livingston, New Jersey; Ramat HaSharon; Desert Hot Springs, California and more. I don't know who any of these people are, but I appreciate it so much that they've logged on.
Sooooo, hooray for you. You really encouraged me along the internet highway. Thank you for clicking.

6 comments:

  1. Mazal Tov!! That's amazing!! Proud to know you and I really enjoy reading your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sharon! I love reading your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harriet in New YorkJune 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM

    I always liked reading your opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harriet in New YorkJune 25, 2010 at 1:03 PM

    I always liked reading your opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it going on strong! The world needs to hear the truth! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, now you're in the big leagues! And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one commenting.

    ReplyDelete