Saturday, January 1, 2011

ONE one One ONE

1
My son just told me it's 1/1/11.
Well, that's pretty incredible.
Firstly, I didn't know it was the secular new year. He reminded me.
Secondly, I was so thrilled that I didn't know.
B"H, proof that Israel really IS a place that revolves around the Jewish year and Jewish times.
But, I'm sure one one one one has some great significance.
For me, it's easy.
One is Hashem, the G-d Who created the world.
One is the People of Israel, for whom G-d created the world and who are the chosen people.
One is the Land of Israel, the blessed land, the land that G-d gave the Jewish people as an eternal inheritance.
One is the Torah of Israel, the blueprint of the world. The entire world revolves, day turns to night and night turns to day, because the Jewish people somewhere are keeping the Torah and keeping the world alive.
One is the Holy Temple, may it be rebuilt in our days.
One is me.
One is you.
Each one of us can make a difference in our family, our community, our world.
Each one of us can keep the world spinning, can bring happiness to others, can do loving kindness and make the world a better place.
One one one one.

1 comment: