Wednesday, January 27, 2010

An End to Mottos

Ever since the motto, "Netzarim's fate is the same as Tel-Aviv's!," I soured to mottos and slogans. I also can't stand the "Never Again" slogan that was said about 1000 times today at Holocaust Remembrance Day.
I can't listen anymore to insincere politicians who make those please-the-crowd statements that they really don't mean. I get physically ill from them.
I also am just too tired to be polite when I hear those false yet perfectly-timed soundbites said with such bravado. I have to hold myself back often from saying, "You are full of malarky."
Netzarim's fate might well end up being the same as Tel Aviv's, because if we allow the Arabs sovereignty on several of the areas in the Shomron that they'd like to have under their belt (or suicide belt), then Tel Aviv and that whole Sharon area (no relation) are in deep trouble.
"Never Again" sounds great, but "Never Again" what? Never again killing Jews? By having allowed Gaza and Lebanon to strike at our people for so many years with impunity, Jews have been killed in the north and the south. B"H, last year 2009 saw a drop in attacks from both ends of the country, finally, and we pray it will remain this way. However, by abandoning machsomim (checkpoints) and letting Arab traffic travel freely without any checks endangers Jews every single day. Over the past few months, there have been funerals of good Jews who were killed because a machsom had been abandoned. So, please stop saying, "Never Again," when you really don't mean it.
I am also particularly nauseated by false actions that are clearly for the media and naive unknowing people. And they're so sickening, I don't even feel like detailing them. I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.
Wouldn't it be great if people were honest when they spoke? And wouldn't it be ever better, if the words they said for the cameras and for the video clips were actually acted up and brought to fruition.
Sigh. It's one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment