Monday, May 17, 2010

Completing the Count

With a real sense of regret, I completed counting the 49 days of the Omer. We began on the second night of Passover, and continued until tonight, the night before Shavuot.
B"H, I am grateful that I had the opportunitiy to count every day.
I am thankful that I was able to use this Sefirat HaOmer period to reflect on the day behind me and look forward to the day ahead. This made every single day so much more meaningful. I will miss that fullness that I have felt at the end of every day for the past 49.
I even did my best to follow the suggestions made in the very worthwhile book, Sefiros by Rabbi Yaacov Haber with Rabbi David Sedley. I tried to better my behavior toward my fellow man, my G-d and myself through the guidance of Sefiros. I might not have totally succeeded, but I do feel I have improved in my interactions with others and in my appreciation of the world that I have been granted.
Now the Omer period is over. I can't wait to turn on some music!!! But I will miss the Omer when every day counted in a very special way.

1 comment:

  1. this book really made my sefiras haomer. i believe the book is still available at http://torahlab.org/sefiros

    ReplyDelete