Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rosh Hashana Thoughts - Rabbi Shlomo Riskin

Last week, I had the opportunity to visit Efrat's Chief Rabbi, HaRav Shlomo Riskin, in his office to discuss the upcoming Rosh Hashana holiday. Rabbi Riskin graciously spoke to my camera to make a clip, both in Hebrew and in English, wishing our Voices readers/viewers and all Am Yisrael a Happy Healthy Nachas-filled New Year.
It's always exciting in Rabbi Riskin's office. A young man came to him with a community problem. Next, a young couple about to be married met with him. Then me, or more correctly, you (since I was your representative).
He immediately began to think of one of the most meaningful blessings he could wish all of us, and I started the video rolling (although I don't think these digital cameras roll). His words were very true to the heart, and will surely touch everyone who hears them.
I don't want to give away the story. Watch it here:

No comments:

Post a Comment