Sunday, May 20, 2012

Jerusalem Day Outside of Jerusalem

I read an ad in a weekly Shabbat hand-out that spoke about celebrating Jerusalem Day all over the country. It listed cities and towns in which celebrations were being held. 


I was happily surprised. But why should I have been? It should be natural for a nation to celebrate the liberation and the reunification of its capital city. Of course, when the nation is Israel, things are not always natural.
But B"H, in my hometown of Efrat, there were special prayer services last night, ceremonies in school and even a parade.
Here's a peek of Efrat's children's parade from Aseh Chayil school.
It was a great way to begin Jerusalem Day, and now I'm off to Jerusalem...
Hope to see you all there in your blue and whites!

No comments:

Post a Comment