Monday, November 7, 2011

Clang Clang Clang Went the Trolley

Clang clang clang went the trolley. Actually, the clang emanated from the Jerusalem Light Railroad Train.
I was in Jerusalem on Rechov Yaffo (Jaffe Road) with my daughter when the Light Railroad Train passed by. As it neared the train station it called out a friendly clang, just like in the old Judy Garland movie, "Meet Me in St. Louis."
In addition to the homey clang, I noticed that the street of Rechov Yaffo itself has completely turned a beautiful Disneyworld brick. Plus the Light Rail is so Disney monorail-ish that it has added to the friendliness and 21st century-ness of Jerusalem, the eternal city.
I remember the thrill my children and I had when we reached the gates of Disneyworld and saw the monorail gliding by. I had the same feeling today in the heart of Jerusalem. There's something happy and exciting about the Light Rail. It's like a message, "The future is here, and it's going to be good."
The train was packed. Well, it should be. It's a free ride for all passengers. But I am confident that folks will still flock to the Light Rail when they start charging. It's a comfortable, clean ride and it's fun too. And there's nothing better than adding a little fun into our busy lives.
Next time you're in Jerusalem and you hear that clang, climb aboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment