Sunday, May 8, 2011

Plane (Never Plain) Preview

I was driving through Gush Etzion on my way to Alon Shvut when suddenly four magnificent sleek jets flew over my head in a diamond-shaped formation. I was breathless at its beauty, sort of how I'd have felt if a pride of unicorns ran right passed me.
I wished I'd had my camera. But I made a click in my head (like Cam Jannsen used to do) and I preserved the moment.

Planes and helicopters and all sorts of Army equipment are dusting themselves off in order to gleam for Am Yisrael on Yom HaAtzmaut (Israel's Independence Day) on Tuesday, IY"H. Army, Navy and Air Force bases will be open all over the country on Tuesday, and the shows to be put on by the base soldiers will be exceptionally thrilling.

Happy Yom HaAtzmaut.

Wave the flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment